View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
RonZwanson
Base Member

Drives: 2009 Black MT Sport
RonZwanson will become famous soon enough

I feel your pain. Pennsylvania is no better. I think we have like, the third worst rated road system (by state) in the country.

My route to work requires highway driving, and it's a major truck route, because it's the ONLY highway through the county I live in. The front of my black Z looks like a damn dalmatian. I came out to my car the other morning, and didn't realize that the "pebble" that hit me the previous night had left a giant claw mark next to my one fang.

My favorite was running over a truck tire though. I was following a pickup truck (which is what about 75% of people around here drive) at a safe distance, but couldn't see anything in front of him nonetheless. He just drives right over it, because he can, and BAM, truck tire. Right in in front of me at 70 mph. That was a horrible instant of "this is happening." I ran the thing over, and was SURE when I got to work my front aero lip would be torn off. Miraculously, there was like, no damage. Scary as hell though.

PA never cleans their roads. They're pot holed, cracked, uneven, and covered in crap. At least in Cali you guys have like, four lane highways. Ours were all built in 1789. Ugh.