View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
gsxr750
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2012 370z man. sport
gsxr750 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR_ View Post
Most don't want sport bikes when they get older. Comfort takes a bigger priority over speed and to many this style of bike is what they like. Personally I gravitate toward the adventure bikes over the touring bikes since I like riding on dirt roads as well. However if I just wanted to ride roads this F6B would be in consideration.
You don't need a sportbike, any bike that weighs less than 500lbs is fine, when you get in the 800lb. couch class they simply fail to be motorcycles anymore.

Most of the naked up right bikes like the sv65o, kaw 650 versys, FZ1 etc. are really decent bikes with out some over weight, underpowered POS.

Even look at the new Honda cb1100 and while it looked nice, when you sit on the bike and look it over well, it reminds you of the heavy overweight 750-1100cc jap bikes of the late 70's and early 80's and the price of $10k is just to high for cheap low tech components used and low hp.

Honda has failed in 2 other attempts at bring out 2 retro bikes, one was the GB500 café single, and another one was a V twin 600 sportbike, both were great bikes , but Honda over priced them compared to all the other comparable main stream bikes and no one would pay top dollar for a simply overpriced bike.

$5900 for the CB1100 is more what its worth, when compared to even the new cb500 for $5499 and the Kawaski 650 versys for $7500
gsxr750 is offline   Reply With Quote