View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
jofro6
Track Member

Drives: 2012 370Z Touring
jofro6 is on a distinguished road

I've had m fair share of run ins with the police. Despite all the negative hatred here on them, most of the time I have a fine experience with them. I do have multiple PBA cards, and typically they do work if im not being a complete douche driving or attitude to them. And even times ive forgotten my wallet and didnt have them on me, if you are polite to them they usually give you the same tone and respect back. Not saying that means you are getting out of the ticket, but not every cop is as stated from the above experiences.

Its no different than any other job, there are good people and bad people. I'm sure its just the same as anyone whos had a mechanic try and screw them and lie to them about what they need fixed and what not, when its really fine.

but back on topic, fight the ticket if its worth you paying gas and tolls to come back. Especially if its not points on your liscence, just go by whatever is cheaper. if its cheaper to just pay the fine and not the money spent to travel back just do it. otherwise, unless the cop has a decibal reading on your car then whats his subjective opinion is loud compared to someones else with no hard numbers to prove it was above any specific law numbers. I dont know if there are specific numbers for nyc, but i can find out from a buddy if you want me to.
2012 Red 6Spd Touring/Nav.. FI CF NonRes CBE and Res TP #682 Fly1 RS1 CF Fenders
jofro6 is offline   Reply With Quote