View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 03:21 AM   #11 (permalink)
ocfoilist
Base Member

Drives: 09 Blue 6m 370zT/S/N
ocfoilist is on a distinguished road

So mine went out at 56,782 miles on 11/06/2012 and had to have it towed to my dealer, who replaced the steering lock assembly for $973. The new part number was 48700-JF00D.

Fast forward to this month when I called Nissan to see if they would honor a full refund for me as there was a voluntary recall on the part. I am still in that process but it looks like they are going to do so. While on the phone, the rep told me that I needed to go to the dealer and have my steering lock replaced again since the part that they replaced my original one with (48700-JF00D) was also defective.

So yesterday I took it into the dealer and they replaced my lock mechanism once again, this time with part #D8700-JF00D and for no charge.

Does anyone know what the difference is and what rev this newest part is? Do I assume from the "D" in the first part of the number that is is rev D?