View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #48 (permalink)
StrokeThis347
Base Member

Drives: na
StrokeThis347 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantgti7 View Post
I received a call today at 3pm from my service advisor saying that the car was ready for pickup. I picked it up around 7pm from the dealership. The car seems to drive fine and I smell the engine being burned in similar to when you install an aftermarket exhaust on a car and drive it through the first couple hundred miles. I noticed that the dealer put an additional 164 miles on the car from the time of the original paperwork last Tuesday to what the odometer read as I drove away today. In 1,200 miles, I am going to take it in for an oil change. Will keep you posted guys.

P.S. - I popped up the open hood before I left the dealership and checked the oil level so I had a reference point. Everything looked good except that the plastic bracket which holds the hood rod in place was broken. My service advisor said that they would fix it when I came in again. I am not trying to be that annoying customer who complains about everything but it wasn't broken when I brought it in a week ago.

I would change it in 100 miles, then 1000. Do this to get any dirt or crud that may have gotten into the engine when it was open and they were working on it.
StrokeThis347 is offline   Reply With Quote