View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 06:02 PM   #9134 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaleForce View Post
I won't tell you how easy it is to reset the airbag light...

Does the reset just fix a problem with the light or actually reset the airbag sensor? Mine has been acting up - the light sometimes comes on (saying the air bag is off) when someone is in the passenger seat My searches haven't turned up much other than a faulty air bag sensor, but I can't reliably replicate the problem

I also had a weird thing happen with the traction light.
( Click to show/hide )
It went solid after flashing a couple of times on a quick turn where I lost the rear for just a moment when accelerating through the exit. It was a perfect example of the reason I turn VDC off 90% of the time It was just enough to let me know I was at the edge, but way past where VDC would have cut the throttle. Anyway, after the fun cornering, the traction light stayed solid. So there are now two lights on and I'm driving straight down Parmer at 60 mph. I wasn't far from my destination, but the light stayed on until I turned the car off a few minutes later. When I turned the car back on it was off, and behaved perfectly normal and has ever since (about 2-3 weeks).

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |