View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
sig11
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Red Sport-MT
sig11 has a spectacular aura aboutsig11 has a spectacular aura about

350Z/370Z both use DEXRON VI ATF in the power steering systems.

From the FSM:
Quote:
AIR BLEEDING HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
If air bleeding is not complete, the following symptoms can be observed.
• Bubbles are created in reservoir tank.
• Clicking noise can be heard from oil pump. • Excessive buzzing in the oil pump.
NOTE:
Fluid noise may occur in the steering gear or oil pump. This does not affect performance or durability of the system.

1. Turn steering wheel several times from full left stop to full right stop with engine off.
CAUTION:
Fill reservoir tank with a sufficient amount of fluid so that fluid level is not below the MIN line while turning steering wheel.
2. Start the engine and hold steering wheel at each lock position for 3 second at idle to check for fluid leak- age.
3. Repeat step 2 above several times at approximately 3 second intervals.
CAUTION:
Never hold the steering wheel in a locked position for more than 10 seconds. (There is the possi- bility that oil pump may be damaged.)
4. Check fluid for bubbles and white contamination.
5. Stop the engine if bubbles and white contamination do not drain out. Perform step 2 and 3 above after waiting until bubbles and white contamination drain out.
6. Stop the engine, and then check fluid level.
It can be a pain in the ***. I overflowed my reservoir twice after replacing the high pressure line and pump on my 350Z. I use RedLine D6 ATF in the race car 350Z and in my 370Z.
sig11 is offline   Reply With Quote