View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 02:24 AM   #81 (permalink)
3.7 ZPA
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z 6MT
3.7 ZPA is on a distinguished road

Before this thread gets locked, I'd like to state something. I think the extremes of both sides of the argument are unfounded. On the one hand, you have a guy stating that 80% of CAI owners will return to stock. I don't know where he got those numbers from, but I suspect they're a tad...off. The guy's original post sounds a little too "propagandish" to me.

There's no doubt that there are numerous dyno sheets proving the gains of the installation of just a CAI. However, these dyno sheets are also a marketing tool. The results will be the best run on the best of days, under the best of conditions. I don't know how much they would pertain to the harshness of daily driving. Would the loss be more on the hottest, most humid day? Or would they be minimal because of the added air stuffed into the block? We really don't know until someone runs stock and modded on a dyno EVERY DAY.

Bottom line? I don't think the loss is as bad as some people state, and I don't think the gains are as great as the sheets will lead you to think. Swing away.