View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #43 (permalink)
avantgti7
Base Member

Drives: 09-370Z (SOLD)
avantgti7 is on a distinguished road

Here is an update guys...

The new short block from Japan arrived to my dealer last Tuesday (03/26/13). They said it would take two days to put it into the car and provided me with a 2013 Altima 2.5 as a rental. On Thursday afternoon, I called the dealer only to find out that the tech just finished installing the motor. My service advisor said the tech was not happy because it took him three days to put the motor in and Nissan's warranty would only pay for two days. My advisor went on to say that the tech would bring him into the shop periodically to show him how much labor was involved and that he should be paid for more than 16 hours of labor. Finally, my advisor said they were test driving the car now and that they needed more time. He said not to come in without calling. I said "okay" and hung up the phone but I had this uneasy feeling in my stomach.

On Friday morning, I decided to just stop by the dealer and see how things were going. I wanted to see if I could catch the tech test driving my car around or he/she pulling it in/out of the garage. I didn't see anything but I had a face-to-face conversation with my service advisor who said that the car's engine was not running right and having timing issues. He said they would need more time and to keep driving the rental car.

On Monday morning (04/01/2013), the service advisor called me to say that the engine still was not running correctly in my car because of timing issues and that they needed more time. Today (04/02/2013), I called my service advisor again to hear the same thing about the engine not running correctly because of timing issues. He said that he would call me back tomorrow or Thursday about the car and that it should be done by then.

Everything is being covered by warranty but I am worried because a job that was suppose to take two days has taken more than week now with hiccups. Will keep you guys posted.
avantgti7 is offline   Reply With Quote