View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #31 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
That comparison is a bit silly don't you think.

First off, max hp has very little to do with mpg's. There is no way in hell you're getting 16-17 mpg in a V8 Tundra at wide open throttle all the time for example. It all depends on driving habbits, and let's face it, you're more likely to want to hit the throttle a bit more driving a sports car. Basically, I've averaged anywhere from 30 mpg cruising on the highway, to 12 mpg with a stupid grin on my face. You're going to spend money on a car that has tires that last about 15k miles and cost about $1k to replace. The difference between using regular gas and premium gas is about $0.02 more per gallon....spending an extra $100-200 a year on premium fuel isn't something to really worry about.

Just as an example, if you're driving a Civic and are on a budget & fuel savvy, premium fuel wouldn't have any real benefits for you since you're not really after the performance aspect. You're gonna drive that thing like a grandma to get the most mileage. The opposite is gonna be true (with me anyways), driving the Z.

I always go with 93 octane and average 22-28mpg of mixed city and highway driving.
Agreed. It's a bad comparison. I feed my Z premium, the difference is negligible. I'm averaging around 19mpg with 100% city driving coupled with me still learning the car. Honestly if anyone was concerned about gas prices or mileage, they shouldn't be considering a Z or any sports car for that matter.
b15 is offline   Reply With Quote