View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGItonium View Post
On a different gear... I pulled my arm muscle earlier today trying to get in reverse. It won't go in at all. I had to shift to some other gear, then I was able to get in. Lately reverse has been a bit stubborn. It hasn't even been a year with this new transmission.
that's pretty normal. i usually double or triple clutch into reverse and if that doesn't work i let the car roll a few inches forward in 1st, then shift into reverse. just dont force it. another way is to park the car in reverse. then the collar is already lined up when you're ready to back out.

same goes for 1st gear at a stop. sometimes (doesnt matter 370Z or any other MT car) does not go into 1st. so wat i do is while the car is still rolling for the stop, i shift into 1st gate breifly (no need to clutch out), and then into neutral and clutch out while i wait for the light. the collar is lined up so the next time you shift into 1st, it goes in the first try.

a little trick i found along the way.
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote