View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #32 (permalink)
dlmartin81
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z
dlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond reputedlmartin81 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wheel Wax Review

So I purchase Wheel Wax a 1.5 months ago or so and used it on face of the wheels and was very happy with the results.

This past weekend I washed, clay-bared, polished, and waxed my car. While I was at it, this time I decided to go all out and FULLY clean the wheels. I did so by removing them one by one, washing them with my BlackFire wheel cleaner and applying the Wheel Wax. The results were to good to be true!

All my life, I found it EXTREMELY difficult to remove break dust and tar build-up. In fact, till now I have never been able to fully remove those stubborn tar stains. Well, with a little bit muscle and determination, it is now possible. The pics below are from my front-right wheel. And as we all know, the front wheels suffer the most.

Below is what the wheel looked like before the procedure.

This is after washing it with BlackFire's wheel cleaner. Notice how the majority of the brake dust was removed; however, the damn tar stains remained. HAVE NO FEAR.....WHEEL WAX IS HERE!

Here I applied the WW. Some stains where easier than others. The more stubborn ones took some muscle and a little bit of teeth grinding.

After a few minutes of scrubbing, the wax residue was removed and WALLAH...no more stains or brake dust!

End result.

I HIGHLY recommend Wheel Wax to anyone interested in the ultimate wheel polish and stain removal, as well as BlackFire's wheel cleaner.

I think next time I will trying using a Dremel with a polishing attachment to get rid of the tar stains. After scrubbing/rubbing the second wheel, my wrist and finger tips where starting to give. I had to take a few beer breaks while I did the rest.

Other pics of the grueling wash/polish/wax job.......WHAT A CHORE!

Last edited by dlmartin81; 10-06-2009 at 09:25 PM.
dlmartin81 is offline   Reply With Quote