View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
jcosta79
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
jcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to alljcosta79 is a name known to all
Default So I Performed the "Washer" Mod - (Flame-suit ON)

So I was bored, had $7 to kill and was tired of how quiet my NISMO is. It has test-pipes but with the stock exhaust it's too darn quiet. So I did the washer mod over the weekend.

Sound: Not bad. Really deep (and really loud) with no rasp at all and very little drone. I was shocked at how good it sounded to be honest.

Power: This is the reason I put it back to stock the next day. The car felt EASILY 30-40 HP down. No throttle response and no top-end power AT ALL. If the power would have not been affected (I knew it was going to be, but I still wanted to hear how it sounded) I might have seriously considered keeping it that way for a while.

Anywho, I'm now back to quiet (stockish exhaust) and contemplating my next mod.
2012 PW NISMO #0559 - GT Spec Brace Kit - Swift Springs - ARK TP & Invidia CBE K&N Intake - UpRev Tune - 15mm Z1 Spacers & Studs - StopTech Slotted Rotors & SS Lines - ZSpeed CMAK with Stage 2 Clutch and Lightweight Flywheel
jcosta79 is offline   Reply With Quote