View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 07:38 AM   #3508 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
I washed the pollen off the Z and applied some Meguiar's Quik Wax spray. It was super easy, and gives a nice shine I don't usually get with a normal wash. It took less than 10 minutes to apply, which means it will likely become part of my standard routine when I'm not doing a full wash, clay, and wax

I also had my first experience with Adam's Metal Polish 1 and 2, with which I am quite pleased. This stuff definitely works better than any metal polishing products I tried previously. In fact, they never worked, which is probably the reason my exhaust tips got as dirty as they did.

Here is a close up after an initial clean with Windex
( Click to show/hide )

And here are the final results
( Click to show/hide )

Here is an entire album with progress pictures: Nissan 370Z Forum - JARblue's Album: Adams Metal Polish
I did the same yesterday. I used Turtle Wax chrome polish though. It cut through the soot like butter. Looks much better.