Thread: <3 my new HU
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENZ View Post
It's "ready" for nav if you buy their nav unit. Or you can use Google Maps or Waze with the advanced app set-up.

I think it is also "ready" for satellite radio. Or you can use Pandora or iHeartRadio with the advanced app set-up.

It included BT. Big contributing reason for why I bought it.

It has HD radio. I could care less about this feature because I can't really tell the difference.

My biggest debate was getting something with navi already or something to use apps for navi. What it came down to was my husband telling me to shut up and go make him a sandwich. J/K. But really what sold this one for me is that my husband pointed out the fact that I could add on the navi unit from pioneer later if I really decided I didn't like using apps for it.
HD Radio I really don't care for, but BT and Nav I do. Sat radio is a luxury I might want one day later on.

I typically use google on my phone for nav, but to look down at the screen takes too much attention away from driving, so if I have it on my HU its not so far down, and is a larger screen, both wins. So I might decide to get the nav unit for mine. Just wish it came with BT, but I think there's a module for that too...

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote