View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 03:57 PM   #752 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampirex View Post
Hi All,
After reading all the 50 pages of this thread, I have to say I am happy for you that Nissan recognises their responsibilities and support the costs of this expensive repair.
In Europe the problem is a little different as in general the lock steering is requested by law, or at least by insurances companies. I doubt that if a car is stolen and retrieved with a modified harness or a SLU fuse removed, they accept to pay for this sinister.
Nissan in Europe didn’t announce anything about that so for us, up to now, the problem stays.
I would wonder how the 2013 models are marketed.
My Z is a 2012 model (bought new on October 2012) but I don't know the assembly date. The SLU is a D revision (with a suffix) as showed on the picture. From your standpoint, what option would be the best here in France ?
BR.
First, Rev D is the last revision, and the same one that is being used for replacement in this recall. Even if you were in the US, I don't believe you would be on the recall list; I have an early 2011 with Rev D, and I am not. Even so, I maintain this is a half-a$$ed recall because there are people who already had their ESCL (commonly referred to as SLU) replaced with a Rev D model which failed as well. I have already pulled my fuse and have no reason to put it back in. If I were in the recall, I would put my fuse back in, take it to the dealer for replacement, and then pull the fuse again, and all just so Nissan has to pay for it.

Second, I would absolutely familiarize yourself with the laws and or insurance policies relating to the steering lock in your region (France) before you mess with anything yourself. For example, would pulling the fuse be a violation of law? Or could it perhaps void your insurance coverage in some scenario?

Third, you may call or visit a dealership and see what ESCL Revision the 2013 models have (or even the 2014s when they start showing up). Is it the same or different from yours? I was under the impression that late 2011 models and later did not have an ESCL at all (in North America, at least).

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote