View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Z1 sells it, AND they sell a wiring kit. IMO their wiring kit is a rip off, but if you're hopeless (no disrespect), it's worth the money.
If you're going to go for it blinking, you have to get the blinking thing from a website, just google "3rd brake light flasher"
----IF you can wire a 3rd brake light flasher, the Z1 wiring kit is for sure a waste of money.

As for the installation... You have to remove the interior plastics of the hatch (on one side), which kind of sucks if you haven't done it before, but it's not hard, more scary(?)

As for it being lit THEN getting brighter/flashing, that's not a switch issue... You have to change the socket itself. From a 7440 to 7443. And the socket needs modification to fit the housing (let me find the write up)