View Single Post
Old 10-06-2009, 11:27 AM   #66 (permalink)
Denny McLain
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 370Z, 96CE hotrod
Denny McLain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentino View Post
Updates,

Monday, Oct 5

Went to the shop today to do some more diagnostics with almost 3 mechanics, every one of them had a shot at it (one at a time). Started the car waited till the Rev went down, i had One guy in the car with me (doors,windows closed) and the other mechanic was in front of the car (hood open). Started revving the car (Just gently plipping the throttle), and they heard the whining sound. .

His issue was the cooler stop cooling!

Got a respond from the shop that Stillen says that the car shouldn't make any kind of sound with there cooler kit, and they will replace the sandwich plat. So i asked will they overnight the part they said no we have to send them the part first and when they get the part they will send us a new one.

If it was a manufacturing defect, or an installation issue. and the ball is in the shops court. The sooner they send the part the sooner we can take care of this. I was like

If this is a "Ball Game" for you Stillen. You won.

Thank you Stillen.
What a hassle!

Seriously, take the sucker off, send it back to Stillen and buy the GTM one for $380.00. I'm more than glad to send you the install pictures and instructions on how to do it as after you get it figured out, there is nothing to it. Super happy with mine. If you would like, I'll give you my personal phone number if you need help but sincerely doubt you would need any after seeing the simple instructions.

Say what you want, Stillen is on my poop list big time. There is no excuse for using customers as test dummies not working out the kinks before offering an item for sale. They tried to blame me on the install of the exhaust system which may have turned out be a faulty header quality control. Again, not fitting a test car before they sell them. No excuse.........period. There is an obvious trend that has been repeated on several products.

Fool me once.....shame on you. Fool me twice........shame on me. Ain't gonna happen again.
Denny McLain is offline   Reply With Quote