View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 07:55 AM   #24 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiP View Post
Haggling with car dealers is annoying, the whole "I need to talk to my manager" crap they pull.

Lay out the bottom line price you're going to pay and if they can't do that just walk out. They want your business and will do everything in their power to try to sell you the car. Just stick to your price and you'll be golden.
Every worked in the business? I have. A lot of people in this thread don't have a clue what they are talking about.

That said, I don't haggle or debate when I buy a car, and I still get a good deal and there are no hard feelings on either side, and I don't take much time doing the deal, either.

How?

Figure out the lowest price you can fly and buy for. Huge volume dealers in California, etc. post their prices online, and many sell under invoice. You print it up, take it to your local dealer of choice, and say "Look, I live here and I want my money to stay in the local economy. I found the exact car I want, and am overdue for a vacation and love to drive. The car I want is in California (or wherever), and I can get it for "$X" amount. A plane ticket will cost me *whatever*, and I want to get away, anyway. If I can get the same vehicle through you guys, though, I'd rather go *this place* instead, in my new car on a first road-trip, and keep my money in the local business. Can you get me within a plane-ticket of this one?

If they can't, then go fly and drive that car home and have fun on your vacation!

It's totally reasonable, it leaves zero room for haggling, and if they can't hit the number...well, noone was ugly about it and noone was bluffing.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote