View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
cavemancan
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z TourSport MT
cavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
What is your toe setting in the rear?
Stock/neutral toe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
You had a "drifting" guy do your car's alignment, sounds like a disaster to me
The client base is dealerships and high end luxury/sports cars but they have a few drift cars as well as autocross racers that frequent the shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGTV8 View Post

If still a problem, then something has to be loose .... you have rear camber arms and toe bolts, so check that the toe bolts are not loose - they might be tight on the spanner, but there may still be a degree of freedom under lateral suspension loads so look carefuilly for shiny metal indicating that even though the bolts are tight, something is moving.

You are decribing steering from the rear which is really unsettling to ay driver - is usually caused by toe-out at rear, but could be loose suspension as well.

If the traction link has a bush that is flogged out, that may provide enought movement to give you some dynamic toe-out at the rear and that will always give a driver a does of the squirts ...

Put the car up in the air (axle stands or hoist) and go over it closely with the Mark I Eyeball and a proper spanner (wrench) check - that answer is in the car somewhere.

RB
Good info thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss_302 View Post
you should check the bushing at the rear differential cover, see if its leaking silcon fluid,
this could be giving you the loose feeling.
This reminds me...a while back the rear diiferential mount appeared to have been leaking but when the dealer cleaned up the fluid I never noticed a leak after that. Could this be the issue??

Last edited by cavemancan; 03-29-2013 at 07:37 PM.
cavemancan is offline   Reply With Quote