View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 04:11 PM   #34 (permalink)
370Z Purist
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z-T BS M6
370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all370Z Purist is a name known to all

I read you want to use the car for track or HPDE? I have a close friend who races SCCA autocross and has taken numerous HPDE days and has raced multiple times at Road America... I can tell you right now that you should develop your skills with the car. I would highly recommend, based on advice given, that you learn to reliably and consistently push the limits of the car in it's current form (given some suspension upgrades) before trying to push a short-wheelbase, tail-happy, relatively-lightweight car around a track with 500+ wheel horse and 450+ wheel torque.

If anything, I would go for FI kit and aim for 500 wheel, then build it if you are absolutely confident you can take more power. I'm not trying to condescend, but you're not exactly a race driver at the moment, and the skill it requires to control a 800+ horsepower time attack car, despite all the downforce and grippy tire, boggles my mind.

"Since one of my brake light bulbs just went out, the forum told me that my piston rings are about to blow."
370Z Purist is offline   Reply With Quote