View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #11 (permalink)
DEpointfive0
Premium Member Bitches

Drives: a lot
DEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond reputeDEpointfive0 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
actually, it depends. Some plastics can be powdercoated, if they don't melt at 375 degrees. I powdercoat plastic intake manifolds and plastic fuel rail covers and wheel centercaps from the C6 corvette. The handles may or may not melt. I've never tried to do them, but if they can handle the heat, they can be coated if the coater knows what he is doing.

that being said, mine are painted.
Lol, yes, this is correct, but 99.9% of the time, you can't powdercoat plastics, that's why I say "no"
I've done some specialty ABS plastics and some Delrin products for a company and it was ok. I just couldn't tell you the plastic used on the handles.
I'll send my spare set to a shop to see if they can analyze it

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis89 View Post
Thanks for chiming in mike. Shame nobody has been a guinea pig. Can you get the handles painted to match powder coated wheels?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Yes