View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #61 (permalink)
StangerGT
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2003 Mustang GT
StangerGT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
Didn't say they weren't all I stated was that the LS7s had issues early on. I am sure you can build the engine for boost. There are builds with 700-800 rwhp with no issues reported.

This is what I was talking about. It was an issue with the LS7 early on. Given over the years of development I would hope the primary issues have been fixed. Still there is a reason why they chose to supercharge the LS3 for the ZR1 and not the LS7 due to it having thinner cylinder walls. Reliablity issues.

I wasn't trying to get this off topic was just replying to boosting it. I like the direction Chevy is going with the Camaro similar to what Ford has done with the Mustang. For the track I would go with this Z28. It's going to get even better when they get to the ATS chassis. Even lighter weight.
The LS7 is probubly the best option for track use. An N/A setup is reliable and doesnt produce the same kind of heat. which is probubly why they stuck it in the z28. And if i recall the VQ motor had its issues early on as well...
Maximum Motorsports Susp. | MM Adj. Rear LCA | MM CC Plates | MM Front Coilovers 350lb | MM Rear 500lb Springs | Full Cobra Brakes | FR 3.73 Gears | FR LSD/31 Spline | JPC/SCT Tune | MGW Short Shifter | Star Spec 265/35/18x9 F - 275/35/18x10 R | stock exhaust lolz

Last edited by StangerGT; 03-28-2013 at 09:24 AM.
StangerGT is offline   Reply With Quote