View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
joe370z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z
joe370z is on a distinguished road
Default Finally Worked out VDC System

Hey all,
With the wet weather we were having in Sydney at the moment I thought it would be a good oppourtunity to finally work out the VDC system without destroying the tyres too much.

Basically I went to my secret test area lots of wide open space and fairly smooth road way.

1st run VDC on in std Auto mode (in normal D position) I got a few revs up let go off the brake hooked the wheel hard and got a little angle then the car basically slowed me down to a stop before 90 degrees angle of where I started the your being stupid light (car symbol with lines) was blinking the whole time .

2nd Run VDC off in std Auto mode (in normal D position) Same launch as 1st run car steped out nicely initially then at 180 degrees the your being stupid light started blinking lol and car then took off straight with a little wiggle from the rear end on the way out.

3rd run VDC off in maunual mode (in + & - mode) Same launch again this time car whipped its rear end right round quickly I got the car round 540 degrees (DOUGHNUTS) then had the car sideways for the next 30m or so on exit. This time I didnt see any your being stupid light and the car was doing exactly what I told it too. It must have looked great too I shouldve had someone recording but anyway moral to the story if you want no electronic assistance VDC has to be off and manual mode must be engaged.

Hope this helps anyone trying to have a little fun with their Z (but please remember drive safe guys)

Regards
Joe
joe370z is offline   Reply With Quote