Thread: 2014 chevy ss
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmike2780 View Post
Like I said, it's basically a rebadged Commodore, a car that has been around since the late 70's, early 80's. The design of this car is rooted from the past models, including the HSV variants, which makes it an Australian design rather than American. This is actually closer to a working man's 5 series, rather than an M5. It shares the same GM Zeta platform as the Camaro. With the Corvette and Camaro in the stable, I really don't see a point to this car.
I think this article explained it well.

2014 Chevrolet SS performance sedan a statement car for GM, analysts say | MLive.com

"This car is for the family guy who can't convince his wife to buy a corvette". I probably wouldn't buy one either, but having performance oriented cars on a high level makes performance car segment vibrant and competitive. I love the idea of an Affordable Sedan version of a Camaro. It makes every car company keep the realm of having power in cars alive.

As long as chevy does the right thing and build it in realistic numbers. I think it will do well.