Thread: 2014 chevy ss
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 01:10 PM   #10 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370
The new corvette and this Chevy do show some nissan borrowing. A lot of cars have been showing some nissan brrowing, especially from the GT-R. but you can't ignore an affordable v8 sports sedan. Chevy is picking up where the G8 left off. The G8 @ $35,000 was one hell of a machine. It put a hurting on the M5 for half the price.

GT-R engine technology came from Ford. Lets not point fingers.

The end of pontiac killed two entries with potential. The pontiac solstice. The pro was it had an untra-responsive engine with matching transmission. The down was numb steering and un-sports suspension. Nothing that KW couldn't fix but, it should have been better stock. If that car was able to evolve to the year 2013 and get these brand new GM sports suspensions. The solstice I think would be a hit today.

I think the G8 was the biggest loss, as you noted above. Total American M5 for a dime on the dollar. Nothing else like it existed in that bracket.

The ressurection of the G8 through the SS. I think is a breakthrough for v8, domestic autosports. To bring back a piece of our recent past that could've easily been left buried based on the economic/gas crisis.
The G8 was GM's first come back car, along with the GTO. These were the first two cars I respected in GM since the 92 camaro and 96 impala. This is great news imho, in spite of some resemblences to the GT-R that at least four other companies are guilty of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
What do I really want? Really? A Chevelle SS. Make it big. Make it heavy. Make it powerful like the hand of an angry god. Make it everything the Chevelle was, and then refine it for today. It may not handle like a 'vette, and it may not sip gas like a Cruze, and it won't matter a damn.
I wasnt pointing fingers. Just stating a fact. You seem to point fingers because 90% of your comments concerning GM is what GM does better than Nissan in spite of the total different direction in philosophy and driving enjoyment. But that's another can of worms I won't engage in.

All i said was a lot of companies have been taking from the GT-R styling. I said is as a fact and was in no way implied as a bash.

Fords patent for engine lining to prevent catastrophic failure is a Huge feat in the motor buiding industry. But don't act like Japan went using schematics from Ford to build a GT-R engine. When it comes to tech patents, Every MAJOR car company has something breakthrough the other will borrow.

http://jalopnik.com/5467038/the-ford...he-nissan-gt+r

Why GM gets better gas mileage?
V8 pushed to its midrange in power.
vs Nissan...
v6 pushed near it's limits without forced induction.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 03-27-2013 at 03:30 PM.
UNKNOWN_370 is offline   Reply With Quote