View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 09:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
ElvinGTS-T
Base Member

Drives: not yet
ElvinGTS-T is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volk Z View Post
You are comparing apples to coconuts my friend... Turboing your Lancer vs Turboing a VQ motor. Let us know how it goes. I can tell you there are only a couple GOOD tuning shops in the U.S that can effectively tune the Z motor so you don't detonate the engine.

You know the compression on the Z is 11:0:1 if I'm not mistaken. Your lancer was probably like 8:5:1 or 9:0:1 and if you blew that engine up a new one would cost a couple hundred.

I don't know you but I'm going to give you my 2 cents and say you may be over your head on this one.
yep know exsactly what you mean .....you see my grandpa was a mechanic my dad used to boost cars and I I'm a certified mechanic so beleive me I KNOW WHAT IM GETTING INTO the only point on this thread is the fact I know so less about nissan trims that I'm a bit confused about the wright trim to buy you see here in Puerto Rico the touring package has the big brakes the leather interior and the 19 inch wheels now it seems the trims change as one of you mentioned depending on the country what I'm really interested is on the one that had the VLSD that's the one that's got me confused. BTW I know how to boost an engine ..... cauze I used to work on that many years ago but I'm out of practice know and I need your help to make me understand this cars and the best trim to mod thanks again !!!
ElvinGTS-T is offline   Reply With Quote