View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dsevast
Base Member

Drives: 2011 Nissan 370z
Dsevast is on a distinguished road
Default Car would't start story, need your input!

Okay so here is my story:

Installed a pioneer bluetooth unit to go along with my pioneer headunit. After the install was completed my car would not start. I tried everything and checked all of my fuses twice. I decided to have the car towed to the dealer. When it got there before any of the technicians even looked at it they were like it's probably the steering lock failure, but with my car being a 2011 I figured it wasn't.

After looking at the car they said it was not the steering lock problem and they were unsure what it was. Then they said that since I had an aftermarket headunit that was most likely the problem, and they refused to do any work under warranty other than replacing the clutch switch which is what they said the problem was presenting as.

So the next day they replaced the switch and said the car still would not start, so I had to have a tow truck tow my car from the dealer back to my house. After the car was dropped off at my house I sat in it to think. I tried to start the car for the hell of it and it fired right up??? I have no idea what happened and now I am nervous because what if this happens again and I get stranded somewhere?? Has this happened to any of you guys? What do you think may have been the problem or still be the problem? Any input is much appreciated!

First time she has seen snow!! (