View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 06:54 AM   #36 (permalink)
Robert_Nash
Track Member

Drives: '14 Q60IPL/'14Armada
Robert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really niceRobert_Nash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprix! View Post
I'd just add two things...

The weather we've had in the south this year has been much colder/snowy than normal; our daily highs and lows have been half of NOAA normals for the winter (I've lived in Tennessee since '96; grew up in Ohio and have lived in several states over the years; including areas of the country that in the winter, often require even 4x4s to have chains on). Yes, the south, even Atlanta does get snow/ice on occasion but it's usually very short lived...it's usually a matter of a few hours before temps are back above freezing.

While it's true that all vehicles are affected by snow/ice; there is no doubt that some vehicles are far more affected than others...I have an all-wheel drive M45 which I've had occasion this year to substantiate that it is much more sure-footed on snow than a rear-wheel drive only model...I've had many 4x4 Trucks/SUVs over the years and they all are far better (although not invincible) in snow/ice.

If I wanted a Z (or any other sports car) badly enough then I can certainly live with it as my only vehicle; but it's not an ideal situation.

Last edited by Robert_Nash; 01-21-2009 at 06:57 AM.
Robert_Nash is offline   Reply With Quote