View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #138 (permalink)
Vaughanabe13
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
Vaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura aboutVaughanabe13 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsZ View Post
I think it's cool that people can date my car. Makes it that more special IMHO. But anyway, the only ones that can date it are people who really know the Z. Totally agree that it hides dirt well. I haven't washed it in 6 weeks and have driven it all winter long, not in the snow of course. Seems that when it rains, most of the dirt washes off. Looking forward to some warm weather though so I can really detail it. It is Spring isn't it??? 3 inches of snow on the ground in Northern CT! WTF!!!!!
Weird you mention that the dirt washes off in the rain. I find the opposite to be true with my Z. Rain makes it look filthy dirty, even if it was clean before the rain. Obviously after a fresh wax and polish the rain doesn't do much and just slides off, but when the wax is gone the rain makes some really bad water spots all over the car and any dirt that was on the surface congregates into dirt patches. It's so bad that I sometimes question driving my Z in the rain just because I know how much work it's going to be to clean later. Of course I still drive it anyway, but it's annoying.