Thread: Road Noise
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:07 AM   #45 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiCharlie View Post
Its amazing to me how many people have this problem and still Nissan does nothing.. I started a thread about this about three years ago and the issue is still here..

Even professional auto reviewers have mentioned this..

Just get the damn thing coated with Dynamat , hatch and doors especially, and if you dont mind sacrificing a small bit of performance for a better ride and less noise get Continental Extreme Contact tires...I use the DWS but if you live in a warmer climate you might choose DWs..

We had a very long thread about this some time ago and each person has their own ideas but to me I dont mind an extra 25 pounds in order to get a car that I can enjoy each day and not have to shout when I talk..and I dont enter the car in any kind of race competition so a few fractions of a second off track time doesnt bother me..
It's going to take a redesign to fix this. If Nissan added more sound deadening the car will weigh too much. They added a little in 2011. more in 2012, and a little more in 2013. If they put G37 sound deadening we'd gain 100lbs.
In the case of the Z, performance before noise issues. At the end it's a performance car. I know plenty of reviewers have called the car out. But if you did a owner count. 75% of owners seem to deal with it because they dont find it severe or it doesn't bother them at all. 25% complain and find it to be annoying.
So it doesn't warrant Nissan to make extreme changes in noise reduction. Furthermore, at sales of 5,500 units a year. Nissan isn't making enough money on the car to fix multiple issues. If Nissan did fix things though. The noise level to most owners is on the low level of the totem pole.