View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Cmike2780
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: slowwww
Cmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond reputeCmike2780 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't really worry about it. Salt causes rust in bare metal. All modern cars have some sort of anti corrossive coating to the underbody. Salt only becomes an issue when you let it sit and it gets into areas that aren't protected. If you drive the Z every day, in heavily salted roads and plan to keep it for 20 years, rustproofing might be one of those things that doesn't really hurt to have applied. If you're vigilant in keeping the car clean and don't really drive it every day, rustproofing is kind of a waste of money. To get the best result, the car's undercarrage has to be spotless (basically new)... and even then, you need to have someone that knows what they're doing. That's not likely what you'll encounter at the dealership, so I always see it as a waste money to begin with. All the stories about relatively new cars with a lot of rust are almost always because the owners never wash thier cars. As long as you keep it clean, you'll probably sell the car before anything more than surface rust causes any sort of problem.

Your rust and corrossion warranty is 5 years I believe.

Cmike2780 is offline   Reply With Quote