View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #191 (permalink)
ZOperaMan
Base Member

Drives: 09 TT370z Yellow 6MT
ZOperaMan is on a distinguished road

Got my official recall notification today in the mail - text thus:

NISSAN NORTH AMERICA, INC.
National Headquarters
Consumer Affairs Department
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin, Tennessee 37068-5003

(My Name)
(My Address)

OWNER NOTIFICATION

Dear Nissan Owner:

Nissan is committed to providing the highest levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. We believe that our current and future success depends on your continued satisfaction with Nissan. With that in mind, we want to bring to your attention important information regarding your Nissan 370Z.

REASON FOR SERVICE CAMPAIGN

Your 370Z is equipped with an Electronic Steering Column Lock (ESCL) that locks the steering wheel when the vehicle is parked and the ignition is turned off to help prevent theft. On some 370Z vehicles, due to a manufacturing irregularity that has since been corrected, the ESCL may malfunction after the vehicle is locked and could prevent the engine from starting. This condition, should it occur, will only occur when attempting to start the vehicle, and not while driving. To help prevent this from occurring, Nissan will replace the ESCL assembly in your vehicle.

WHAT NISSAN WILL DO

Your Nissan dealer will replace the Electric Steering Column Lock (ESCL) free of charge for parts and labor.

WHAT YOU SHOULD DO

Contact your Nissan dealer at your earliest convenience in order to arrange an appointment. To ensure the least inconvenience for you, it is important that you have an appointment before bringing your vehicle to the Nissan dealer for service. Please bring this notice with you when you keep your service appointment. Instructions have been sent to your Nissan dealer.

If the dealer fails, or is unable to complete the service free of charge, you may contact the National Consumer Affairs Department, Nissan North America, Inc., P.O. Box 685003, Franklin, TN 37068-5003. The toll free number is 1-800-NISSAN1 (1-800-647-7261).

Thank you for providing us an opportunity to ensure on-going satisfaction with your Nissan vehicle.

-------------------------------------------------------
CHANGE OF INFORMATION POST CARD:
(Attached) shows VIN, etc.

--ZOM

Last edited by ZOperaMan; 03-25-2013 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Edited to note that I missed the photo of the letter posted earlier - but maybe searchers can find this text --ZOM
ZOperaMan is offline   Reply With Quote