View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cbtech
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Cbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
Over many years I have mounted amps in all sorts of crazy configurations, None of which resulted in a overheating issue. My last vehicle had an MB Quart 1000watt mono amp mounted upside down on the rear parcel shelf. It got used hard, and never had issues with it. As a matter of fact, after 7 years of use, It has now retired to my amp shelf in the garage, but still works well.
If you are still concerned, you could remove the bottom of chassis, and drill a few holes in it to vent the heat, and mount it with small spacers under the feet so air can move about.
I'm sure you'll be fine, whatever you chose to do.
Thanks for the info, Ron. dunno if i want to drill holes in the amps though. from what i understand JL amps dont run too hot but i will be running one in parallel, since i want to run the speakers to their full potential, and im not sure if it will heat it up enough. I really like the idea of running the amps behind the seats.
Cbtech is offline   Reply With Quote