View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
Z370Z011
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: PearlWhite 370z 6MT
Z370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really niceZ370Z011 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
My advice would be not to turbo your daily driver.

There's a good possibility everything will be fine, but it's unwise to have your only car be a boosted vehicle you drive a lot.

IMO, first investment is a backup car. 98% of the time going FI gets you something reliable, but it's better to be prepared.

If you browse the classifieds here, you'll see a lot of boosted cars being sold, many by folks that didn't fully understand what they were getting themselves into.

In short--mileage isn't a problem, but the Z should not be your only car if you are going FI, unless you have great friends that will drive you around.

Thank you for that very informative response, I never really thought about it like that. So you mean that incase it breaks down right? or its just flat out a bad idea to use it for daily use? I have access to another vehicle, my dad has an 08 F-150 with 10k miles, which i put the majority of them when i went up to seattle. idk why he doesnt drive that thing lol. But if incase my Z
ever breaks down, i guess i can always go borrow his truck.

however if its just flat out a bad idea to drive a boosted Z on a daily basis, then ill just buy me another car
Z370Z011 is offline   Reply With Quote