View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
ejrives
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09-6MT-T/S/N
ejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of lightejrives is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Skype™ to ejrives
Default New Transmission -- warranty replacement #5

So, took my car to the dealership today to report some issues I've been having. I've got about 13,000 miles on the clock and recently 3rd and 6th gears started grinding on occasion , as well as, stiffness trying to shift into 6th. Shifts from 3rd to 4th were odd too, for whatever reason synchro rev-match was revving my car about 1-2k RPM's for an upshift . I ended up having the head mechanic drive my car with me riding shotgun ; they wanted to replicate the issue with me not driving and it paid off. The car acted up with him driving ... long story short I get a new transmission. Per them , " we're not sure what's causing the grinding, your clutch is fine -- we better replace the transmission"

I hope all this this crap going wrong isn't a sign of things to come. I just want my car to stop having stupid crap break and in the shop every other week for warranty work *sigh*

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."
Stillen G3 CAI || 35% tints || FI CBE coming soon...
ejrives is offline   Reply With Quote