View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
TurboDreamZ
Base Member

Drives: BMW 328iC
TurboDreamZ is on a distinguished road
Default New Z Enthusiast

Let me first introduce myself. My name is Nick Evans. I am a college student at ECU.
I have a passion for cars and have strong opinions about cars and their manufacturers.
Although I may be young, I am intelligent especially in the category of cars. I have
been a member of car forums since I was around 15 years old so I am no n00b at these
things. My first car was a 2G Mitsubishi Eclipse that has a 2.0L with no FI (no fun at all).
I not to long ago purchased a E36 BMW 328i Vert that is MUCH quicker and I love the
thing. The best part is that I already have it paid off! But anyways, I was pricing out
NEW vehicles a while back trying to decide what I want if something happens to the
bimmer or when I graduate college. I was very interested in the new BMW 135i (I know
most you of you all don't want to hear that!) but I was, mostly because the twin turbo.
But I priced one out and the one I built was roughly 46k so then I start making other
import cars on their given web sites (not a fan of domestic cars, I have drove and
experienced quite a few domestic failures, being that my dad is a used car dealer) but
anways, I finally got around to pricing out a 370. I of course made the Nismo version,
because if I buy a new car I damn sure am not going base model. There weren't many
options to choose from (I suppose because everything is standard?) The Nismo Z was
roughly 40k and has an additional 50hp compared to the 135i. I know that the Z doesn't
ride anywhere as forgiving and good as the bimmer but it is quite a bit flashier. Now I saw
that they have the 7Sp Auto option, I don't have time to read up articles about new cars
anymore but that surprised me. How does the manual and the automatic compare? I also
am a fan of the 350Z I have a good friend that has a 6Sp 350 and I've drove it a few tiems,
the clutch is nice and strong and it pulls very good for a 3.5 that's really why I looked into
the Z car. But anyways I just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to learning
quite a bit more about these cars and maybe even be driving one myself in the near future.

-Nick