View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alstann
Track Member

Drives: 12 PW 370z 6MT Sport
Alstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to allAlstann is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by elperuano View Post
I'm in Sunrise now. I'm boosted also. 540hp/500 tq.. Already difficult to plant this power down.. But I'm stanced also lol. I've been in HIN car show that was at Miami beach convention center and few others if u go to the shows.

Cost on a full engine build? I'd say around 8-10k. Maybe less if u do it on ur own.
I've dropped some good coin in my ride so far. Built motor is my last thing on the to-do list. So far I'm enjoying the ride so I'm not in a rush. I'd say I dropped about 15-18k so far. ****, don't remind me!
Very nice! That's actually exactly the same numbers my original goal with FI was, give or take. It honestly must be a blast to have that much power, haha. Do you ever go to the towers meets on friday? I don't know of any others really down this far south.

I was at HIN. ^^ Didn't make the roll in though, couldn't plan logistics with the girlfriend and all. I had a few friends with Team Sunworks and a buddy who had a car at the HPLogic stand. Only other show I recently went to was in Daytona, which was Simply Clean. Do you have any pictures of the G?

---

But anyhoo, considering the motor build, I was thinking around $8k, which may be a lot, but in the long run, that will hold all the power I need. When you mean do it yourself, do you mean at home kinda-thing? I didn't really think it was possible. All the work done on my car was done by me, and I'm never afraid to try new things, but is it actually possible to build the car in my garage? I store my car in a one-car garage at home, and just drive the Civic to work and school, so it's no pressure if it just sits on stands for weeks or months even.

Considering having a shop build it, I know HPLogic does lots of stuff with Z's, and they are in WPB. Rev Works is a member on this forum too, and they are in Orlando I believe. Still though, I'm treading very shallow waters when it comes to engine work.