View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 07:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
cavemancan
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370Z TourSport MT
cavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond reputecavemancan has a reputation beyond repute
Question Possible rear suspension issue - unstable at higher speeds

Note: bought the car used with 19k miles and the handling issue was not that noticeable since it took a while to notice it.

For a while now I thought I was having issues with the front suspension settings like perhaps the toe was off and it was causing the car to fly into the next lane with just slight input but I learned this was not the case. I was also running a 265 tire up front and I was wondering if this was the issue but I am inclined to think this is also not the issue.
Everyone kept telling me alignment is the only way but this too was crossed off the list.

Work done: SPL Rear camber arms and toe bolts, Swift springs, power mods not relevant, 275 front and 285 rear tires.

Well, I got new tires installed with the above mentioned sizes and I decided to go to my alignment shop, which takes care of customers with drift cars, and have them check things out. The alignment was corrected. Note I used to think the issue was in the front suspension but now the car feels really precise up front with the new settings but I still have the issue!!!

So this is the issue now. With any steering wheel correction made...Front: very precise control and car will go exactly where I want it no complaints...Rear: it almost feels like the rear is loose? Like it wags it's tale a bit back and forth when I go from one lane to another at highway speeds. Frankly it feels unstable. Now imagine the fact that I am not driving aggressive at this point. If I do get aggressive it gets worse. If I was on a track I would have to fight this thing with any sudden course corrections.

So my question is this normal? What have you all done to combat this issue?