View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #244 (permalink)
b15
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 4drz
b15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond reputeb15 has a reputation beyond repute

I've owned 3 Nissans in the last 11 years and of the three major Japanese brands, Nissan definately ranks third for QA, especially with interior fit and finish. I've had my share of issues as well, but am lucky to have a good dealer that promptly addresses all my concerns. Why do I keep going back to Nissan? I'm not a German car fan (except a select few which are well over what I would ever spend on a car) and because Nissan is really the only Japanese brand that produces anything that excites me. Outside of the IS-F, Toyota and Honda have nothing in production that really excites me.

Everyone is different though. After my second Nissan, I said I was getting something else. I looked high and low. Both at sports cars and sport sedans and my choices were actually pretty broad. It came down to the IS-F, Z, Mustang, or G37S coupe. Obviously here I am again with my 3rd Nissan. It wasn't due to brand loyalty, the way the Z drove just felt better to me than the Mustang, despite having more hp. The IS-F, while a great car, just didn't give me the excitement factor the Z did. Plus the back seat is a joke. If Lexus had an IS-F coupe with a 6MT or dual clutch, things might be different though. I love Lexus, almost everyone in my family drives one, and now that I have the Z, I would like to get a GS350 F-Sport as my daily.

At the end of the day, your experience with a particular brand dictates whether or not you'll buy another. Just like you despise Nissan, I will never own another GM vehicle. Their dealer experience was miserable and their products garbage. I don't care how much people say they've improved- I'm not willing to risk being a GM owner again....at least not for another 10-15 years to see how these "improved" GM products hold up.