View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #42 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Basically, I want to learn to drive off-road for survival reasons. I don't know anyhting about AWD trucks. I never liked trucks as a bodystyle. I learned to drive a van first. Then i learned to drive stick in a corolla. Every car I've ever owned was sport oriented except the altima. I always liked jeeps though, but never gotinto them deep enough to know a whole lot about them. living in nyc all my life. Jeeps were cool but never necessary. (I guess neitther were sports cars but... lol)

Times are getting crazy and I think I may need a vehicle that can go off the beaten path if necessary. I guess call me a minor prepper. I'm not crazy with the idea, but i've come to realize there are some things I might want to prepare for...
I am doing pretty good so far. Huge emergency medical kit. 3 months of water and purifiers. I have about 3 months worth of canned food that I rotate in terms of use. fishing rods axe machete's etc... 10 days of MRE for 4 people. Enough arms and ammo to protect my extended family. if need be. I wont be buying a bomb shelter. lol. But if I had a vehicle that could get me the F... out of dodge and into the mountains. off a road, that would be kool. I don't want to hardcore, but I would like to get into it enough to be proficient at driving off road. While i have a reason for doing this off-road thing. I also think it could me a fun and sporting experience.