Thread: MAZOC Firearms
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #1640 (permalink)
ZCarMan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Z34, 13 F-150
ZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant futureZCarMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
The way our society is going it seems to me like future Supreme courts will support the Bill of Rights but allow for "reasonable" restrictions. Be it firearms or freedom of speech we are getting clamped down on more and more as years go on.

To be honest, I'm considering selling off most of my firearms just so I don't have to deal with future BS. I think I would keep three of my pistols and probably keep my shotgun. I could probably part with my AR and be fine with it... At this point it feels like a burden... Can't shoot it because I need to conserve my ammo, and at some point in the future it will probably have to be registered and taxed ahead of future confiscation.
Well I'd just say don't be too hasty to rid yourself of your firearms just yet. The individual states are taking action to limit what can and can not be done. The whole nation is becoming more divided along lines and you'll have states that will enforce federal gun restrictions and you will others that won't. I saw several Sheriffs in CO saying they wouldn't enforce the new gun restrictions in their county. In TX, there has been new legislation that would make it illegal for state law enforcement to enforce any federal bans on firearms. The owner of Colt rented 10 buses and had his employees who wanted to, go down to the CT state capital and speak directly to their legislators about the impact that passing further restrictions will have on the 1.7 Billion dollars that Colt provides to CT. The owner of Mossberg also has been active in talking about what it will mean if CT legislators pass further restrictions and was involved in a debate with a CT anti-gun rep last week where he pretty much owned the poor schmuck.

The fast moving politicians I believe never thought anything through and are just now understanding what their actions will result in.

If you want to watch an interesting speech by Wayne LaPierre at National Harbor at the CPAC last week, its here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDCnoMb6mro

Last edited by ZCarMan; 03-24-2013 at 08:18 AM.
ZCarMan is offline   Reply With Quote