View Single Post
Old 03-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #210 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEpointfive0 View Post
... Wait for it...

^^ this makes more sense.
I meant well put about the last half-ish.
I agree on the oil cooling and the SLU

Mainly with this statement: I am less than impressed with Nissan's approach to known issues. So much so, I do not believe I would ever buy another Nissan again.

I agree with that much, but what can you expect from a car that sells 5,500 units a year and was supposed to sell 15,000.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
I don't think "regret" is the right word, but if I had it to do over again, I would not purchase the Z.

This was my first sports car and I'm not a huge car enthusiast. I did a lot of research and I consider myself a fairly educated buyer. So, I have no one to blame but myself as there were a number of warning signs I chose to ignore and quite a lot of negative press about the Z. But, I bought one because the car was just so freaking sexy.

From a performance perspective, it's a fun car to drive. It is rough and noisy, but I knew that from the test drive going into it. As for over steer that some people talk of, I just see that as a car that is fairly high end performance wise and I just had to get used to driving a road hugging sports car.

But, there have been a fair number of negatives I have encountered with the Z that would have seem me purchase something else had I known in advance. One thing of note, most if not all of them are fixable, but I am less than impressed with Nissan's approach to known issues. So much so, I do not believe I would ever buy another Nissan again.

First Off - Paint. Everyone knows these cars have terrible paint issues. Unfortunately, the test drive doesn't sort that out and if you order a car like I did, especially late in the model year when selection is poor, you get what you get. When mine was delivered, there was a slight run in the paint on the rear quarter. I had a choice to make, refuse delivery or live with it. No one knows it's there except me and the dealer wasn't fixing an "acceptable factory flaw". Since then, the ease of chips in the paint from road debris is very annoying.

Oil Cooling problem. Known, they don't care and I find Nissan's approach to that unacceptable.

Steering Lock - Known and although recalled, the damage was done for me. Again, a huge reluctance to own up to a known defect by Nissan.

The interior of the car has really worn on me too. My own fault for not driving the car at night but I hate the dashboard and interior lighting. Also, the hands free phone connection is unusable for me. Again, a known fault and reported by a lot of people. "Too bad, so sad" is the response from dealers along with "yeah, we know it's bad in that car". Seriously? hands free bluetooth technology in 2013 and you can't get a decent one in a car. Shameful Nissan! Throw in a few errant rattles and I feel the interior of the car is cheap.

Now, I add that all up with other sports cars I have ridden in or driven since getting the Z. All too often I go "oh wow, what a nice ride and drive", much nicer than the Z.

So, do I regret it? No. I still love her. She's one sexy car. Would I buy her (or another Nissan again), no I wouldn't. Car aside, Nissan has not impressed me as a company and they do not deserve my business.
Nissan doesn't get much sales support from the US. Most of there cars sell throughout Europe and Asia. The media doesn't support this car for it's performance. The 335i has a track record that's about 35% worse than ours in reliability. But the BMW got great reviews in spite of.

BMW's limp mode oil issue existed in 07, 08 and half of 09. Nissans issues existed in 09, 10, 11. BMW fuel starve issue is there. No one talks about it. Nissan gets lambasted over it. BMW had to redesign its fuel pump twice based on issues with the new DI system. Not to mention all kinds of sporadic elec trical problems. Thats something, Nissan doesn't have. Yet somehow the writing remains positive for these cars. The status of owning BMW seems to supercedes shoddy reliability and expensive parts for repairs.

Not here to judge BMW as car. But showing there is a huge double standard and all this subjective advertising has many of you brain washed. If some of you owned a 335i? It would be a go with the territory of a sports car issue. The Z which outhandles and is more rigid than a 335i, more reliable and much easier to maintain, gets the short end of the stick because of Brainwashing through subjective/suggestive advertising and reviewing.

It upsets me that nissan has ben lax at fixing issues. I have gone on a couple rants myself... But in the sub-premium sport car market. All the grass is the same shade of green. All these sub-premiums will suck somewhere...

Where the Z is strong. Others will be weak and vice versa.

As far as the Z interior being cheap??? hahahahahahaaaaaaa... laughablly bogus statement. Even as a subjective opinion thats delusional. Right now, all these sports cars use a similar grade of materials. Just pick the shape you like best.

Got tired of the Z? Fine, get another car. But sometimes it sounds like people start making excuses to themselves to make an unwise decision of extending their car payments for the next hottest thing. When they know the wisest thing is to just pay off their car and wait to buy again...

Not all, but some.

Last edited by UNKNOWN_370; 03-23-2013 at 09:40 PM.