View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
dP3NGU1N
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 PW sport 6mt
dP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud ofdP3NGU1N has much to be proud of

To OP's question, I like verts that were designed to be verts. s2k and z4 come to mind. Cars that are "ported" to a vert platform often times ruin the design intention of the car due to mechanical requirements to accomodate the retractable roof. When you design a car to be a vert you've taken all of those mechanical requirements into consideration. When a car was designed to be a coupe and it had to be chopped up by a bunch of mechanical engineers then the lines of the car are compromised.

That's just my two cents from a design and looks perspective. However if you need a vert and a 370z who am I to tell you not to get one? Clearly you enjoy driving with the top down. Personally I bought my car for the performance, everything else takes a back seat to that and since verts compromise the structure as well as the weight I had to take a pass.