View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #18 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbtech View Post
From what i understand Bluetooth has a transferable connection of up to 1.25MB per second.
The industry has eased up on more BT technology and hasn't come up with something new within the last 2 years. But the point here is unless you are a fanatical audio enthusiast you are not going to get concert quality sound out of a vehicle. at bit rate of 512 or more your going to have a high quality sound without noticing the difference IMO.
I'm not an audio savant like some of the dudes like Bigaudio are. The transfer limit I think has to do more with the individual BT protocol (a2dp) that is used for the wireless transfer, which is the one I quoted that's a little north of 720kbps. I dunno.

From there, you're limited by the codec which can be as low as 200kbps. Some apps and some adapters cannot stream at the highest native BT codec rate which is still kinda low.

Here's some info about it. I'm not sure how current it is. I'd personally really like to see the native mp3 BT codec actually be put into play. I think sound quality could improve quite a bit from it.

Bluetooth audio quality (A2DP) - News - SoundExpert
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote