View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cbtech
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th Anniversary
Cbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud ofCbtech has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshirecat View Post
It's true that BT has a max bandwidth of 768kb. Uncompressed CD-quality music is approx 1.4mb.

I still contend that the quality of the connection (and hardware) along with the codec used by the BT connection as a result of that hardware plays a large part in the quality of the sound.

I personally wish the BT standard would be updated so that it would allow a higher bandwidth to the point of actually being able to stream "uncompressed" CD quality music (since CD music is compressed anyway).
From what i understand Bluetooth has a transferable connection of up to 1.25MB per second.

The industry has eased up on more BT technology and hasn't come up with something new within the last 2 years. But the point here is unless you are a fanatical audio enthusiast you are not going to get concert quality sound out of a vehicle. at bit rate of 512 or more your going to have a high quality sound without noticing the difference IMO.
Cbtech is offline   Reply With Quote