View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
cheshirecat
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N54 135i
cheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond reputecheshirecat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
BT compression is much higher than just pumping in amplified music through a AUX port. Hence how an AUX input can sound better than BT streaming.
It's true that BT has a max bandwidth of 768kb. Uncompressed CD-quality music is approx 1.4mb.

I still contend that the quality of the connection (and hardware) along with the codec used by the BT connection as a result of that hardware plays a large part in the quality of the sound.

I personally wish the BT standard would be updated so that it would allow a higher bandwidth to the point of actually being able to stream "uncompressed" CD quality music (since CD music is compressed anyway).
cheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote