View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #2961 (permalink)
Rooskey
Track Member

Drives: 2014 Alpha7 GTR
Rooskey will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
If he gets a jeep you will need to get one. We can just change forums.
Not gonna go down that road again as of now. I really enjoyed off-roading in my toyota but ever since I went to atv's I can cover more ground and also go places I could never go before. A small amount of lift, and some 33inch tires will get you alot of places in a truck/jeep (and most people should stick to that). When I installed my air lockers it was a whole new animal. I went down alot of roads that I should not have in a truck/jeep. When locked up I usually had only two wheels on the ground, and the truck would fall hoping it would land on something soon. Open diffs will keep you safe. When your locked up its a long way to roll untill you hit a tree, if there is one to keep you from rolling all the way down the mountain. This being said I can bail off my atv, and I also dont have to camp in the designated camp sites.

I'll never say never again, but for now im gonna stick to the atv's. Final goal is to sell my Z and camaro in a year or two when the economy comes back and by a super car. After that I will probably buy a 4-door rubicon (if they still have a straight front axle) with a manual transmission and add a hand throttle for the hills, lol!!
Rooskey is offline   Reply With Quote