View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #2645 (permalink)
Cristobal09
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 22 ZL1 & Explorer ST
Cristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond reputeCristobal09 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhenderson View Post
Actual conversation I had at lunch today with an old guy who wandered into the restaurant and loudly asked the bartender "WHO'S BLACK DATSUN IS THAT?":

First he asked if I liked it. Then loudly told me that his was "THE GRAY ONE IN THE PARKING LOT". As it turned out, "the gray one" was a 350z with really ugly oversized chrome wheels on it.

I said "oh ok that's nice". Then he asked me if I wanted to buy it (???). I said "no sorry, not looking for a car right now". Then he asked me if anyone else I knew wanted one and I said "no I don't think so".

His next words were (verbatim) "My girlfriend is making me sell it because she doesn't like sportscars. I mean, I haven't done anything to the motor but I have those wheels on it and lambo doors"

Mind you, the guy had to be in his 60s. I just shrugged but I'm thinking maybe it's not the car she's objecting to.
LOLOL

He just asked you straight up if you wanted to buy it LOL. Yeah I love it when people with gawdy mods ask how you like their car. I just try to be polite and say the same thing you do.