View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 03:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
fritz
Base Member

Drives: 2010 370Z M6
fritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to beholdfritz is a splendid one to behold
Default Steering lock:the real manufacturer

Huf North America Automotive Parts Manufacturing. A subsidiary of Germany-based Huf Hülsbeck & Fürst Gmbh & Co. KG,Here's their sales line:
"Huffing and puffing won't unlock the door of a car secured by Huf North America Automotive Parts Manufacturing. A subsidiary of Germany-based Huf Hülsbeck & Fürst Gmbh & Co. KG, Huf supplies mechanical and electronic automobile locks and security systems. Its lineup includes lock sets, steering locks, and remote control systems. Operating through three plants, in Tennessee, Wisconsin, and Michigan, the company develops its products in partnership with auto manufacturers such as Chrysler, General Motors, and its largest customer, Ford."

Officers:
President and CEO: Johannes Michalski
CFO: Automobile Parts Manufacturing
e-mail ..info@huf-group.com

Search "Huf Hulsbeck & Furst Gmbh". That will lead you to their latest (not the old one) web-site.

Go to "Authorisation systems" where there is an exact pic of the Nissan lock...(confirmed by phone to them).

If they get enough bad PR they should awaken but the official line has always been "We're under contract to Nissan and can do nothing." e-mail them..madly!

Bringing up their (bad) name often enough might get pressure on Nissan.

Inside the lock the circuit board is marked "D52E" (an older GTR spec) ....and I believe the lock itself is a

"D52/L42A-C" (The "A" maybe being the first effort and the "C" being the one Nissan said was OK on GTRs.)

The same folk also did a "X12B" steering lock .... but I know nothing on that.

Never give in. (My warranty was useless)

Fritz
fritz is offline   Reply With Quote